The importance of Media right now is even more important than before during this time of COVID-19. There is a few reasons why this is true. There are so many aspects of media and why we need it in the world we live in today. Media is the news and the news is already important before COVID-19, but now people are now watching the new even more because of COVID-19 and trying to keep updates on COVID and what is happening in the world because of it. Websites are also parts of media. All of the websites and apps that are being used for rather work or personal reasons were all created with media people work on the apps and websites. How they would look and how they would operate. These are just a few examples of why media is important, but here is more.
1. Gives us immense knowledge & transmits information – Media keeps us informed about various happening around the world. It lets us know what is happening around us and all over the world. With the help of media, we get immense knowledge on various subjects. Media plays a vital role in the dissemination of information. It broadcasts, prints and updates information from time to time so that the general public stays aware of what is going on in the country and in the entire world.
2. Raises our consciousness – Media ignites awareness in us by providing information and knowledge. It does not enforces its own opinion on us, but provides facts, figures and news to us so that we can analyze the information and can understand, what is wrong and what is right?
3. Raises voice against issues in societies– Media also plays a constructive role for the society by raising awareness of issues. Presently, there are many examples of social issues like gender discrimination, etc. that have been raised by media. When media presents and unveils such issues, the public becomes aware and the necessary steps are taken for resolving the issues! Media also helps reach the voice of masses to the concerned authorities.
4. Provides true pictures and live telecast for various events – Any live event happening right now can be watched anywhere. For example, the FIFA World Cup, a political address by a PM, live coverage of areas affected by flooding or just any other incident, media helps us see the true picture by providing the LIVE or recorded telecast for almost all important events.
5. Educates the society – One of the most important roles of media is to educate the society. We can explore and analyze various product reviews, do price comparison for various items, read news about politics, fashion, war, weather, health and much more with the help of media. Media exposes issues like poverty, illiteracy, social backwardness, etc., and educates people on the same. It also educates people about their rights and duties and helps enforce law as well.